Human Centric Lighting (HCL)
by OSRAM Opto Semiconductors
Build favorite places
Human centric lighting is the art of creating lighting that mimics the natural daylight that drives our bodily functions. It enhances human performance, comfort, health and wellbeing.
The most obvious effect of light on humans, is vision. It enables us to identify brightness, shapes, colors, images, and perceive information and contrast. But light also impacts our biology; it affects our hormones, alertness, attention and fatigue, and also determines our body clock and circadian rhythm. Human centric lighting takes these effects into consideration to provide a holistic and application oriented approach to lighting for humans. It balances visual, emotional and biological needs of humans in lighting application.
When it comes to lighting, choose LED components in various color temperatures, power classes and footprints out of a broad portfolio. Thanks to our intelligent family platforms, you can mix and match them in endless combinations. At the same time, you can be sure they always fulfill your requirements in terms of outstanding performance and continuous improvement. OSRAM Opto Semiconductors a partner with decades of experience and the power to help you accomplish your projects.
- Consumer and Professional product lines for all requirements:
- The benefit of the consumer products is the optimized cost-performance ratio, whereas the professional products come with best-in-class reliability and performance.
- Simply better results with our family concept:
- The modularity of the family concept with its different technologies, performance classes and applications offers you maximum demand-based flexibility.
- Excellent LED color uniformity and stability
- Full range of color temperatures 2,700 K – 6,500 K (white) for the LED portfolio
- Various luminous flux packages from one package
- Various package designs for more flexibility
Human Centric Lighting @
- Work: Office, Industrial environment
- Learning: educational facilities
- Health care: hospitals, nursing homes
- Home: residential homes, hotels
- Transportation: car, plane, railway