Ready, steady, light!
School sport. Tennis. Gymnastics. Football. Volleyball. Handball. Ice hockey.
Different types of sport. Different requirements.
Yet, they have one thing in common: whenever it comes to speed, precision and those small pivotal moments, the right light is essential – for athletes, referees and spectators.
And good light is not a matter of taste, rather can be measured objectively and harshly based on different quality criteria. The following rule of thumb applies for sports lighting: the faster the sport and the smaller the sports equipment used, the more light is needed – horizontal and especially also vertical illuminance is essential for spatial perception. What's more, high uniformity and minimum glare are a must for sports types requiring above-head vision.
What light should do
- Lighting level suitable for the type of sport
- Optimum glare reduction
- Uniform illumination
- Flexibility, even with different hall usage
- Fast installation/retrofitting
- Efficient operation with long lifespan and minimum maintenance
- Flicker-free light for video recordings, even in slow motion